The objectives of the NIC are to:
- Progress and oversee implementation of the National Immunisation Strategy with respect to its strategic priority areas and outcomes.
- Provide advice on the strategic direction of the National Immunisation Program (NIP), including policy and program advice to support the implementation of the Program.
- Represent the views of key immunisation stakeholders groups, including health professionals, peak bodies, consumers and researchers and the Commonwealth and state and territory governments.
- Consult and collaborate with other peak immunisation related committees, including the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI), Jurisdictional Immunisation Coordinators (JIC) and the Communicable Diseases Network Australia (CDNA).
- Provide advice on the development and implementation of NIP communication strategies.
Current NIC Membership (at 1 July 2017)
|Dr Masha Somi (Chair)||Assistant Secretary, Immunisation Branch, Department of Health|
|Dr Vicky Sheppeard (Deputy Chair)||Director, Communicable Diseases Network Australia|
|Ms Carolyn Banks||Manager, Communicable Diseases Control Business and Immunisation Health Protection Service, Australian Capital Territory Health|
|Ms Karen Booth||President, Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association|
|Dr Penny Burns||Royal Australian College of General Practitioners|
|Ms Kate Cheney||Australian College of Midwives|
|Ms Katrina Clark||National Indigenous Immunisation Coordinator, National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance|
|Dr Jane Cook||Assistant Secretary, Pharmacovigilance and Special Access Branch, Therapeutic Goods Association|
|Ms Sue Campbell-Lloyd||Manager, Immunisation Unit, New South Wales Ministry of Health|
|A/Prof Michael Douglas||Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine|
|Ms Simone Duncombe||Manager, Communicable Diseases Prevention Unit, Department of Health and Human Services, Tasmania|
|Prof Paul Effler||Medical Coordinator, Prevention and Control Program, Communicable Disease Control Directorate, Department of Health, Western Australia|
|Ms Janice Finlayson||Maternal, Child and Family Health Nurses Australia|
|Mr Noel Lally||Manager, Immunisation Section, Communicable Disease Control Branch, Department of Health, South Australia|
|Ms Alison Marcus||Consumers Health Forum of Australia|
|Ms Karly Maurer||Australian Local Government Association|
|Prof Peter McIntyre||Director, National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance|
|Ms Janine Mohamed||The Congress of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nurses and Midwives|
|Dr Dennis Pashen||Rural Doctors Association of Australia|
|Mr Stephen Pellissier||Manager, Immunisation Health Protection Branch, Department of Health and Human Services, Victoria|
|Ms Karen Peterson||Manager, Immunisation Program, Communicable Diseases Branch, Department of Health Queensland|
|Dr Rosalind Webby||Head of Immunisation, Centre for Disease Control, Department of Health, Northern Territory|
|Ms Mary-Anne Williams||National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation|
|Dr Anne Wilson||Australian Medical Association|
Department of Health
GPO Box 9848-MDP 13
CANBERRA ACT 2601
Email: NIC Secretariat