The 5th edition includes updated information on:
- the notifications of vaccine preventable diseases;
- the risk of intussusception following rotavirus vaccine;
- MMR vaccine and autism;
- influenza vaccine; and
- reporting adverse events following immunisation.
PDF and Word printable versions of Myths and Realities
Reduced Size MS-WORD Version
Full Colour Typeset PDF printable version
Publication by parts:
Reduced Size MS-WORD Versions
- Contents and Introduction (Word 61 KB)
- Myths and concerns about vaccination (Word 145 KB)
- Realities of vaccination (Word 685 KB)
- Appendix (Word 49 KB)
Full Colour Typeset PDF printable versions
- Contents and Introduction (PDF 314 KB)
- Myths and concerns about vaccination (PDF 457 KB)
- Realities of vaccination (PDF 615 KB)
- Appendix (PDF 242 KB)
Myths and Realities was first published in 1994; the fourth edition was released in 2008. The fifth edition has been prepared by the National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance (NCIRS).
From June 2013, hard copies of Myths and Realities will be sent to Australian immunisation providers including general practitioners, nurses, midwives, pharmacists and Aboriginal health workers. Myths and Realities will also be sent to hospitals, aged care facilities, child and maternal health associations, medical colleges, state and territory health units, Medicare Locals, National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations and immunisation committees.
Enquiries regarding Myths and Realities can be forwarded to Immune Coord (email@example.com).